How To Hire A Freelancer
The freelance community has been growing at a very fast pace over the last few years. I am sure that you are also connected with it at some point. Today I’ll write down the points about the freelancer’s and whether you should hire a freelancer or not. I’ll also tell if you need online help then where should you hire the freelancers.
Who Is Freelancer?
If you are not familiar with the freelancers then I would like to inform you that freelancers are individuals who work online and do the job on their own. In simple words, a freelancer is someone who searches for work online and then finishes it and gets paid. Freelancers are equipped with different skills as per their educational and professional backgrounds. A freelancer can be a full stack developer who is an expert in multiple programming languages like JAVA, JS, Python, SQL, and so on.
Here are a few types of freelancers as per their expertise:-
- Graphic Designers
- Website Developers
- Full-stack Developers
- Content Writers
- Video Editors
- Digital marketers
- Social Media Experts
- Technical Support
- Data Entry Operator
Who Should Hire A Freelancer?
Well, this is the most interesting question, I would love to answer. If you don’t know how to hire a freelancer for projects, then I’ll guide you for this. Let’s take an example of a guy names Joy. Joy has an idea and he wants to bring it to reality, however, Joy has no idea what to do in order to make it real. Let say Joy is a Maths teacher and he wants to start online classes and willing to work as per his own convenience. In this case, he needs a website and he does not know how to build a website.
Then Joy can search online and hire a freelance website developer to get his idea implemented. If you have a business and willing to promote it globally then you can hire a freelancer on nominal charges who will do the promotion task and you don’t have to spend thousands of dollars that you pay when dealing with an agency.
Help For Office Projects
When you have a workload of office and you don’t have enough time to finish all the tasks assigned to you. Then you should know how to hire a freelancer and you can hire an expert virtual assistant, isn’t it cool? By spending a few bucks you take off workload. Running an online business but not getting results, hire an expert freelancer to generate leads, and do the promotions. Need great content for a blog or website, then hire a content writer.
The website developers who are working on a big project and dealing with many things at a time or facing any issue with code. They can hire an expert programmer to sort out the code logic.
Pros & Cons Of Freelancers
There are so many benefits of freelancers as we just discussed in brief. Lets’ take a look at the advantages and disadvantages of the freelancers:-
Pros of Freelancers:-
- Time Saving Process: In order to find an expert, you don’t have to worry about and don’t have to wander here and there and do interviews or get quotes from agencies. Simply search freelancer websites and post your project with requirements. Freelancers will place bids on your project and you can take interviews of the shortlisted candidates and then check their portfolio and place order. Isn’t it easy and time-saving for you to do everything using your phone or desktop?
- Cost-Effective: Hiring a freelancer is way cheaper than hiring an agency. You can get a project done with nominal charges, however, an agency will charge you thousands of dollars for the same task. So, what are you waiting for? Go and find someone for your dream project. Now you need not worry about the budget in order to start a project. Hire someone who has the expertise and ready to work for you. Plus the major benefit is anybody can hire a freelancer but in the case of agencies, everybody can’t hire an agency.
- Freelancers For Any Task: Now this is one of the major benefits that you can hire a freelancer for almost any type of project whether it’s small or big. Facing an issue with your desktop and not willing to take to a computer repair shop as it’s a software issue. Freelancer can fix that issue for 10-15 bucks but the computer repair shop will charge you a minimum of 100-150 bucks for it can be more as you are not familiar with the issue.
- Maximum Fee Revisions: You will get the maximum number of free revisions, and freelancers do it because they want to keep the customers forever. But, in the case of agencies, they charge you a big amount for revisions and maintenance.
- Ease Of Access: You have the ease of accessing your project from anywhere anytime when it’s under construction and you can check the progress ad give instructions to the project manager and developers.
- Make Money With Freelancing: You can also become a freelancer and make money. You simply need to sign up at one of the platforms and start selling your own services. You may want to check this article to learn how to make money on Fiverr.
Cons Of Freelancers:-
- Big Projects: If you are starting a very big project, then freelancers won’t be a good choice. Since you need a dedicated team to handle every aspect of the huge project. An individual can’t handle a huge project and you can’t work with many freelancers at one time. When you hire multiple freelancers for a single project. Lack of integrity and unity of the team will lay a bad impact on the project. You’ll end up wasting money and time. Remember one thing, there are also teams of developers and freelancers who work together. That can be your option because they are working as a team.
- Fresher Freelancers: Remember that you need to check a few things before hiring a freelancer. Always check their rating on the respective website and previous work. If possible ask for a portfolio for the recent job. Sometimes if you hire a fresher freelancer at a very low price, then you may face issues like they are not able to deliver proper results. You may face late delivery or many other issues where you have to instruct them again and again.
- Lack Of Project Knowledge: There are rare chances but a few freelancers do it. They take a project that they are not confident about and you may get an answer after the deadlines are over, that the freelancer is not able to do this project, and find someone else. Only rare freelancers do it but more than 98% freelancers don’t do it and they take a project only if they are capable of doing it.
How To Hire A Freelancer?
Now, the next question you must be thinking about, how to find a freelancer, right? Well, this is the 21st century and everything is available online. You can download freelancer apps or visit one fo the websites. To name a few, I can say that Fiverr, Upwork, Freelancer, PeoplePerHour are few sites where you can post your project and hire a freelancer and all these platforms are world-famous and secure.
When you sign up for any of these websites you need to post your project with all the details and mention the qualities and skills you are looking for. Explain about the deadlines and budget so that the freelancers can place a bid accordingly. Once you shortlist a few of them, do an interview of the shortlisted guys one by one and hire the best one who suits you. Deposit money to your account on the platform that ensures that you will pay once the work is done and freelancer begins the work.
Once the work is done the freelancer will deliver the project. You need to verify each and everything before accepting the delivery. If it’s all good, give a thumbs up and accept delivery. This way the money will be sent to the freelancer.
Should You Hire A Freelancer Or Not?
For this question, my answer would be yes. Really want to save money and want to make your dream projects come true? Then freelancers are the best option for you. No matter, if you are an individual or a small business, you want to do cost-cutting. Freelancers are the best option to do everything in the budget. Get your things done at low prices. Share the workload with experts out there and feel relaxed.
Which Is The Best Platform For Freelancers And Buyers?
After doing extensive research, I have discovered that Fiverr is one of the best and growing industry for freelancers and buyers.
The major benefit is you get all types of freelancers here. Pro level, top-level sellers, level 2, and level 1 sellers. Apart from this, another benefit is that you get almost any type of service on Fiverr at a nominal cost. Being a website developer and graphics designer, I personally recommend Fiverr as per my 4+ years experience at Fiverr. Want to hire me on Fiverr? Click the link below to check my profile and rating on Fiverr.
Click This Link To Check My Fiverr Profile
I am sure that you’ll love these services provided by Fiverr.
Need one freelancer to start off a new project or maintaining an existing project? Hire one of the best and high rated freelancers here.
I hope you liked this article. If yes, then share it on social media as well as with your friends. Feel free to leave a comment if you have any queries.